Monday, January 11, 2010


week 39. "He already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.)" -babycenter.com At last weeks appointment (Friday) I was dilated to 3cm and 50% effaced. I also experienced my first real contraction while I was in the doctors office but have not had another one since. My doctor said that she thinks I will go early if not on my due date. I am still working full time however I am getting more and more tempted to go down to part time and/or stop all together. I have another appointment on Wednesday so we'll see what the doctor says about my progress. There are many things I would like to be "more ready" for and that extra time would be nice to help me prepare. I am looking forward to moving forward and not to play this waiting game anymore. I have read/heard and feared for the labor and delivery part of this for too long I am ready to just experience it and I am so excited to just hold the baby I've been carrying for the past 39 weeks! He has dropped a little, I notice in the shape of my belly as well as that it is much easier to take deeper breaths and I seem to be a lot more hungry! He's on his way! I cannot wait to meet this little man!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Very excited for you and Ryan!! I can't believe you're almost there :) Don't worry, you'll do amazing in the labor!! Before you know it, you'll be holding your little man :) Hope to hear an announcement sometime SOON!
Jenni