Saturday, March 27, 2010



9.5 weeks Jameson is growing so quickly...about 2 lbs/month to be exact! He now weighs 10.8lbs and 23.5inches long. His 2 month check up went wonderfully; Ryan and I were commended on how well we were doing. (What a relief!) Jameson got 2 shots this time. After the initial pain he quickly went right back to smiling, me on the other hand continued crying for a while! Jameson has met all his milestones this month: cooing, smiling, following an object 6 inches away and responding to loud noises in some way. He has found his hands/fists and often tries to comfort himself by sucking on them when his pacifier falls out. Jameson has such a sweet smile! One way that I can always get him to smile is to touch above his lip and talk about the mustache he'll have someday. I'm not sure why this is so funny to him but if that doesn't work talking about his "beard" works! Funny little boy! He's quickly outgrowing outfits with footies so I've been putting him in "big boy pants". I thought I wouldn't like him in those type of clothes because he wouldn't look so babyish but I have found that he is so adorable in jeans and cargo pants!
I have decided that I want nothing more than to be a stay at home mom. I feel good that I have finally made my decision official and excited to start this life with Jameson. I spent my first full day away from him today because I went to a conference through work. It was so hard being away from him. All the way home I was thinking "I'm even excited to get home to change his diaper!" When I got home I picked him up and cried and felt confident in the decision I made about staying home. I will certainly miss working/teaching but there is so much I want to teach Jameson!

3 comments:

Stephanie Zyga said...

I'm so excited for you! You won't regret your decision I promise!!! AND...that leaves lots of 'free time' to take him on a plane to come visit Aunt Steph and Cousin Lena!!!! Miss you guys!

Laurie Slorf said...

Andi, I know how you feel. I remember how very hard it was for me to go away from you and Steph. I am so glad you have this opportunity to stay at home and that you embrace it. Thanks for being such a good mommy for my grandson too each day.

Laurie Slorf said...

Andi, I know how you feel. I remember how very hard it was for me to go away from you and Steph. I am so glad you have this opportunity to stay at home and that you embrace it. Thanks for being such a good mommy for my grandson too each day.