Saturday, October 24, 2009

week 28. I am now in the home stretch...the 3rd trimester. I can hardly believe it! I had my 7 month appointment this past week and I found out that I have only gained 3 pounds in the past 7 months. I am amazed at this considering the baby weighs 2.5 pounds! My doctor said at this rate I'll be lighter than I was at my first appointment. I don't really believe it, just watch..those 60 pounds that everyone talks about will find me in the next 3 months! At this appointment I had to take a glucose test to check for gestational diabetes, I should hear results by Thursday.
This week the baby is equal in weight to a Chinese cabbage -- about 2 1/4 pounds. (Length: almost 15 inches, from head to heel.) I can feel movement by my left hip and under my right rib all at the same time. These movements have changed from a kicking to more of a rolling movement that is fun to watch. I have noticed that I am beginning to slow down a bit while taking more breaks in the day than I used to. I was so overwhelmed with the thought of cleaning the whole house I just kept putting it off. Today Ryan and I split up everything and got it all done, I really couldn't have done it without him...even with a lot of breaks.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I found your blog....and yes now I'm stalking it :) I told you...I'll come clean your house (do you still live in Kentwood area??), just bake me some cookies or something! hehe...really though I hope you're feeling well, you're getting so close, it's amazing how fast a pregnancy can go...soon you'll be meeting your little man in the delivery room, such an amazing experience!! I'm very excited for you guys, hope things continue to go well! ....remember we always do things together!!!...graduate, profession of faith, marriage...now babies!! :)
Love, Jenni :)